Thursday, April 19, 2012

Coluber Constrictor Priapus

How'd you like the title of my post today? Do you know what it means?

For a d-o-g like me, even that's a bunch of long, tough words put together. But let me tell you one thing, I DO understand this...

SNAKE ~ Run, Lily Run!

OK, so the title Coluber Constrictor Priapus translates to Southern Black Racer Snake. The buggers can grow between 20-56 inches long with the record being 72 inches. This snake is a PREDITOR! And for those of you who need some additional help this morning translating the word preditor, that means he (or she) could possibly eat a d-o-g like me!

Can you see where I'm going with this? Let me show you.



Get it now? You betcha! That's a Southern Black Racer in our garden. I could hardly believe it myself.

We don't know much about snakes around here other than we need to stay far away from them when we see one. Mommy does not like snakes at all. They give her the hee-bee-gee-bee's. So Mommy decided to call in the big guns. She called The Snake-erator. This is how the call went:

Dad ~ SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!


The Snake-erator (affectionately known as Grandpa) came and saved the day. We don't know what the Snake-erator (aka Grandpa) did with the monster and we don't wanna know. But today, he's our Hero! (And who said 87 year old's were good fur nothin!)

Sure am glad that drama is over with now. Yuck!

Hugs,
Lily Belle

8 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for the Snake-erator! I'm glad that you're okay, sweet Lily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think your Snake-erator would come and take care of the snake that is living under my front porch??

    ReplyDelete
  3. We only have the small garter snakes around here, but they still make me jump 5 feet in the air if I happen to see one in the grass. Good thing Dad/Grandpa is around to take care of them.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMD I'm so glad youre ok!
    Love
    Your BFF nola

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHH!!!! oh, gross snake! i don't like those at all. good thing you found it before someone else's long nose did :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta be careful where you stick your nose. PTL for the snake-erator. I haven't seen any snakes here in India, just monkeys, cows, buffaloes, street dogs, and huge variety of insects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh! I'm running, I'm running!! I hate snakes! Oh, sorry you meant Lily...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy crud that is one big creepy crawly! I'm so glad that grandpa was there to get rid of him!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete

Lily Belle & Muffin would love to hear from you!