Sunday, October 16, 2011

Mommy's Therapy

I recently started writing this blog when Lily our Dachshund got sick. It gave me something to do while I was sitting with her all day long, and after writing for a few days, I also found it to be emotionally therapeutic. Definately much cheaper than finding a good therapist (I think). I have always loved to write so I figured, why not. My family and friends are a big blessing in my life and I have always turned to them for support. This blog just gives me that extra little something.

Thank you to Lily's friends, Marley and Lady over in India. They inspired me to get this blog started!
I also wanted to document Lily's journey in hopes that someday it will give another Doxie owner some support and hope.

Between being with my Mom during the last 2 months of her life and Lily's illness, it is a constant reminder that I should NEVER take life for granted, that I should live each day to the fullest and to always kiss my hubby goodnight. Again, such a cliche, but so true.

As I sit here now, this Sunday, with Lily by my side, she looks at me with such innocent eyes. To some Lily is just a dog. To me... She is much, much more than that!

She has been my saving grace and has been there for me when I needed her the most. Now it is my turn to give back to her.

Continue to heal well my sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily Belle & Muffin would love to hear from you!