Friday, April 9, 2004

The Day Lily Found Us - March 2004

The day that Lily found us was truly amazing. We had to go to the pet store to buy some fish food. I walked to the back of the store because I always had to go and look at the puppies. I saw this tiny, little black & tan dachshund in the window and it was love at first sight. As soon as she saw me, her little tail started wagging and my heart started getting all warm and fuzzy inside. I knew it was karma! I wanted to hold her so very badly and just give her some human snuggling. My hubby Rolf said go ahead and hold her. Really?? We both fell in love that day with a doxie that we named Lily (after my favorite flower).


Your very first picture ~ The day Daddy and I fell in love!


We have to give a lot of credit to Lily's Aunt Rona for allowing us to be a part of her doxie Freeda's life where we fell in love Freeda and with the dachshund breed.

We do NOT support puppy mills (which most in a pet store come from). Had we set out looking for a dachshund, we would have found a reputable breeder. But the day we stopped into the store, we both knew it was meant to be! Who rescued who ~ right!

We brought Lily home on Good Friday that year and have been very blessed to have her in our lives.

Aunt Rona & Freeda (L), Mommy & Lily (R)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily Belle & Muffin would love to hear from you!