Monday, September 24, 2018

Home

Today we brought our sweet little Muffin home. While it was a homecoming filled with MANY tears, Rolf and I take comfort in having her back with us.


Her brown Bear that we bought for her when we heard that my Mom and Dad were adopting her will forever remain next to her urn. She wouldn't go ANYWHERE without her much loved Bear.

We tried to have Bear and her favorite blanket cremated with her, but they no longer will do that. (Dad and I made Muffin the blanket from one of my Mom's skirts after Mom died.)

For those who are newer followers, Muffin was adopted by my Mom and Dad (aka Grandma and G-Pa Bob) back in January 2006.

January - 2006
 
This is the very 1st picture of Muffin at 4 weeks old. That is my Mom holding her.
It was love at first sight! (Mom was 83 years old) 

My Mom had 3 awesome years with Muffin before she passed in 2008.


Perhaps my favorite picture of Mom and baby Muffin. Sitting in the rocking chair, being rocked to sleep. This is why Muffin was a sleeper! When she wasn't in her bed on Mom's lap, she was laying next to my Mom in her chair being rocked. Looking over all my pictures of Muffin, 80% of them are of her sleeping.

April - 2006
The first time I met Muffin. I didn't want to let her go.

April - 2006
Lily & Muffin meeting for the 1st time
 
July - 2008
Muffin & Dad
 
Rolf and I officially adopted Muffin in March 2008. It was a month before Mom died. Mom asked us to adopt Muffin and also Dad. I promised Mom we would take excellent care of them both.
 
March - 2018
 
Muffin was a very lucky girl to be so loved by 2 set's of parents! (And Mom and Dad loved Lily Belle equally as much. If it wasn't for Lily Belle, there would have been no Muffin in our family.)
 
May you and Lily Belle be singing up there with the Angel's.

September 15, 2018
Rolf loving on Muffin the morning she died. After I snapped this picture he started singing Brown Eyed Girl to her. I was able to video tape a part of it. While we didn't know she would die a few hours later, Rolf cried his way through the song as he sang. I promised him I would not post it. Just a tender and treasured moment in time.....

July 8, 2018

I believe in my heart, that some day we will all be together again. Until then I know Muffin is in great hands with Mom, Dad and Lily Belle. As hard as it is for me to say, I just know they were all thrilled to see her again.

Auf wiedersehen my beautiful Muffin. We will love you forever!



Hugs,
Mommy & Daddy
xoxo


6 comments:

  1. What a lovely story. I didn’t know the back story of your little family. It’s sweet and sad and happy and most of all - filled with so much love. RIP, sweet angels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special post for your beloved Muffin.
    love
    Hazel & Mabel & Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful tribute to your beautiful girl.
    ♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy she's home where she should be. Great photos. Naturally we love the baby ones best. Such a sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pets hold a very special place in our hearts. The baby photo was precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your beautiful tribute to Muffin. We just loved seeing all the wonderful memories you had together. Mom and baby Muffin is the rocking chair is just the best. We hope you are doing ok and thank you again for sharing the photos. Have a great weekend.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete

Lily Belle & Muffin would love to hear from you!