Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Our First Follow-Up Visit to the Vet

Mommy took me on Tuesday for my first post surgical visit to my local vet. Everyone there was so happy to see me (remember, I AM lovable Lily after all). They were so wonderful to me when I was in such pain. It felt like I was there almost every day! OK, it really wasn't every day, but sure did seem like it. I really don't like going there because who likes Doctor's! Ashley, Nick and all the others are super nice and treat me like a princess. They were so good to Mommy too as she just didn't know what to do.

Dr. M. said that I was doing fantastic for only 3 weeks post-op. She was very pleased with how my neck incision looked and is tickled pink that I'm no longer in pain. Hey, can you believe I even lost a 1/2 pound! I didn't like the fact that I have 3 more weeks of rest to go before I'm really allowed to start walking around a little bit. But if that's what it takes, then that's just what I'll have to do. She said that in 4 weeks Mommy can take me for short 5 minute walks on a leash. I will now always have to wear a harness instead of a neck collar. No more collars for me! If you know me, you know that I hate harnesses about just as much as I hate my crate. I will hang my head low and walk the other way when I see Mommy coming at me with the darn thing. Guess I better start bucking up and getting used to it. I love my walks so what's a girl to do.....

I'll be excited to sleep in the big bed again with Mommy and Daddy when this is all over. They better not even consider keeping me crated at night once I'm healthy.

Dr. M. said that I'm not supposed to do stairs anymore because they are not good for me. And she also said absolutely NO jumping! Come on girlfriend... I'm a dog! (Mommy is giving me the evil eye over that comment of mine).

So many changes are in store for me I guess. Mommy is going to ask Uncle Bob to help her build some more ramps for the house. I do use the ones in the house now and am very good at it. But when that doorbell rings, I take off like that Meatloaf song "Bat out of Hell."

After our visit, Mommy said I was such a good girl, she took me to my favorite place ~ Dunkin D's. I got a donut hole. Yummy, yummy, yummy!!! I hope that just having the one donut hole, it won't go to my hips.

I am almost 8 years old and a girls gotta watch her figure.

Ok, back to resting now.....    

P.S. Happy Birthday Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily Belle & Muffin would love to hear from you!